Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 23:11:49 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sig 10/11 problems

> *    Is the problem you're having with specific binaries, and does it always
> * fail? I think you might have a corrupt binary and/or shared library. Except
> * for a shell bug reported by Stephen Hocking, all of the reports I've gotten
> * back have indicated that the patch has gotten rid off all of the sig 10/11
> * flakiness they were experiancing.
>
>They are all X programs, like xterm, xload, etc.  When I start X, the
>screen goes gray (so the server is fine), waits there for a while and
>then comes back to the console with a whole bunch of messages and a
>bunch of *.core files.
>
>This is exactly what I was seeing before.  Other programs (sed and
>stuff) have never failed for me.

   Sorry everyone...I changed the wrong 'doclusterread' in the file on
freefall before I committed it. Thanks to Poul-Henning for telling me that
the patch I sent him (which worked) and what I actually committed (bogus)
were different! ...and thanks to Steven Wallace for trying to point out the
mistake originally (you should be more assertive Steven! :-)).
   Okay, the _correct_ change is now committed (changing both cases of
doclusterread just to be certain!)...this should be available from SUP in
at about 3AM PDT.

-DG