Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:49:22 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "navneet Upadhyay" <navneet.upadhyay@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>
Subject:   Re: 32 bit and 64 bit freebsd binary compatiblty

> I checked in usr/local/ and didnt find the lib32 folder, so i guess they are
> nt installed .
>
> Why do i need them ? can u put some light on it ?

I'm not sure of the details why you need them, but no ia32 program that
I've seen runs properly on amd64 without.

If you're running a release version, you can run sysinstall, then go to
configuration -> distributions and select to install.

You can also build/install world and this should grab them by default.