Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:40:51 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'treader32@ignmail.com'" <treader32@ignmail.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: I have a dumb ?

Hi Donald,

>Ok...
>I am searching through your site...
>Now I want to download the FreeBSD to DISKs or my HD, But there are a
million of >different things to download...  But which one can I get on the
internet on and get a >shell account or whatever...

I think a few others have already answered this.

>(I am starting to learn Unix) I have Red Hat Linux 5.1 I I do not like it
at all...

You say you don't like Red Hat 5.1. Well, FreeBSD will not be vastly
different. In fact, it will look and behave nearly identically. (Some may
argue). The only real differences you will see are the ways in which you
configure the system, and the installation program.

I hate to say this, but if you are going to carry on learing UNIX, which I
hope, then you would probably be better off sticking with Linux, simply
because you have already got some experience with it. If you switch to
FreeBSD, you will have to figure out how to install/configure all over
again.

>- -Thanks for all your HELP
>- -Donald

No problem,