Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:58:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Stephen D. Spencer" <lists5@artorius.sunflower.com>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif on -current

Russell,

I am installing -current on my machine at home.  I have had moderate luck
with Xi Motif on 2.x (hey, if anyone can figure out why XDIR core dumps
unless executed from gdb, let me know :)  At any rate I will be testing
this package on -current.  I will let you know what I find.

Regards,
Stephen

 On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> I need Motif to get Grass up and running on -current.  But I see
> Xi does not support anything newer than 2.2.2, and the fellow
> on the phone would not admit that their product would run on
> even 2.2.5.  So if you're running Motif on 3.0-something, could
> you let me know what it is and where you got it so I can run
> out and get the same thing?
>
> (I have the latest lesstif and the build bleeds all over the
>  place when compiling the dependent Grass files, so I would
>  like to reduce the porting complexity by starting out with
>  a Known Quantity for Motif, once I get it up and running I'll
>  try lesstif again...)
>
> Thanks,
> Russell

-    Stephen Spencer        finger gladiatr@artorius.sunflower.com for      -
-    administrator          PGP key.                                        -
-    Sunflower Datavision	  http://www.sunflower.com		    -