Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:18:24 +0100
From:      Juergen Dankoweit <Juergen.Dankoweit@T-Online.de>
To:        Steve Schmidt <sdshschmidt@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkap T43 suspend/resume only once

Hello Steve,

Steve Schmidt schrieb:
> Juergen,
>
> I've having the same
> issues<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2008-September/005125.html>you
> reported with FreeBSD/Suspend/Resume/Gnome.
>
> My settings are identical to the artice (great article) you posted on
> ThinkWiki<http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_FreeBSD_7_on_a_ThinkPad_T43>;

Thanks for the flowers :)

> Without GNOME started, suspend/resume works perfectly. Within GNOME, suspend
> works great, however, resume results in a system hang.
>
> Have any progess/tips?

Meanwhile I found out that these troubles partly have to do with hal (I
criticize that hal because under FreeBSD there is no need, but that's
not the point in this thread!): Gnome wants to do things that the
operating system wants to do, too.
What helped on my system was disabling the APIC (not ACPI!!!) in
/boot/device.hints:
hint.apic.0.disabled="1"

But now I'm unable to use my Adaptec-SCSI-PCMCIA-Card because there are
no free IRQs anymore...

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Jürgen