Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:23:20 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Seva Gluschenko <gvs@demos.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/ports/devel/ORBit fails to compile with glib-2.0

Hi there!

While trying to make ORBit from ports I've found that it refuses to
compile with glib-2.0 installed. Its configure script relies on
glib-config which is most probably have been replaced with pkg-config
for version 2.0 and higher.

when executed with args like CPPFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0`
LDFLAGS=`pkg-config --libs glib-2.0` ./configure
--with-glib-prefix=/usr/local --disable-glibtest

it passed the configure process but gmake failed immediately.

Sorry, I cannot provide the fix myself at this time. I hope, the fix
is possible, though.

SY, Seva Gluschenko, just stranger on The Road. | http://gvs.rinet.ru/
Demos-Internet NOC engineer 			| GVS-RIPE | GVS3-RIPN