Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:02:02 +0400
From:      Sergei Laskavy <laskavy@Gambit.Msk.SU>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>, Sergei Laskavy <laskavy@Peru.Gambit.Msk.SU>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New home page design

On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 08:13:39PM +0200, Wolfram Schneider wrote:

> On 1998-06-24 22:00:19 +0400, Sergei Laskavy wrote:

> > This page looks a bit strange in Lynx.
>
> I like it - this is a matter of taste.
>
> > Its a good idea to put somewhere a
> > readmap, but... maybe, at the end of page?
>
> I don't think this is possible. You must switch the table
> columns and put the readmap at the right site.

In Lynx everything that is in the left column is at the top of the page,
and answer to "What is FreeBSD?" is at the bottom.

Maybe, it is good idea to swap that columns.

Another thing is: http://validator.w3.org/ won't parse main page as HTML 4.0.

Check this:

	http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freebsd.org%2F%7Ewosch%2Fw%2Fbsd.html