Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 15:29:03 GMT
From:      jerry@luke.home.usr
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        wa6cvl@qsl.net
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/mailto.html

just installed the freebsdlite 4.4 and it's up and running.. I am an
old retired electronics technician.. I have been using and putting together
Linux Slackware, Redhat and others.. I have been successful in getting most
of the apps onto the system.. However... fetchmail returns a code
"/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:Shared object "libss1.so.1" not found"
. The manual gives me some info regarding different versions, (I'm very
confused). IT would seem that I just need to download or find libssl1.so.1..
However, I cannot find such a file.. What am I doing wrong.. ?I am finding it
hard to believe that this is even worth the effort...
uname -a gives :
FreeBSD jedi.home.usr 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 20 22:50:22 GM
T 2000    root@monster.cdrom.com:usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386
The pc is an hp vectra with 486-66 and 16mb of ram, 850 mg harddrive.
TIA..  de jerry