Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:09:20 -0500
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox much slower now

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:45:08PM -0800, Sean McNeil wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this?  After upgrading everything on a -CURRENT
> system with the new pthread library and ULE scheduler everything is ok
> unless multiple page loads are trying to happen.
>
> ebay pages tend to take a lot longer as well.  Almost like threads to
> load images are having trouble (are they threads?).  Also, seems like if
> I try to open another page in a tab (or just go to another web site)
> when it is still trying to load a bunch of images, then the new page
> will not be processed for a long time.
>
> This is all percieved performance.  I do not have any hard evidence.
>
> The only relevant thing in options I can think of is that "Open links in
> background" is set.
>
> Sean

I've stopped using it. I don't know what they did between the last
phoenix and firefox, but jeez...and for some reason, it seems to have
turned on the X bell. It is now the only app that causes the speaker
to beep, but I have no idea why...it just does. Over and over and
over.

--
Someone dial 911. My bling-bling was stolen and smuggled into Syria.