Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 15:48:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Barnacle Wes <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

jfieber@indiana.edu apparently scrawled:
> I spent most of the time in the far north, and up to Orkney.  Not
> too many signs up there.  Of course, there are many places in the
> states with even fewer.  One of my favorite signs I found when I
> lived in rural southeast Washington (state) was:
>
>       Caution
>   No Warning Signs
>     Next 2 Miles

I-70 between Green River and Salinas, Utah, is flanked with the
following signs:

	 No Services
	Next 100 Miles

Utah Highway Patrol has two troopers who partol this stretch; it's
amazing the number of people who refuse to acknowlege that "No
Services" means no gas, no water, no phone, no water, no place to stop,
nothing but sand and brown sun-baked rocks, and most importantly no
water.  ;^)

Utahns familiar with the area fall into two camps: one group wants
to expand the signage so even MS-Windows users can uderstand:

	   Caution: No services next 100 miles.  No phone, no gas,
       	!  and *no water.*  There is absolutely *NO WATER* in the
	   next 100 miles of highway.

	Abort		FillUp		Ignore

The other group, whch I belong to, maintains that people who break down
on this stretch of highway and don't even have drinking water with them
are too stupid to live, and strengthen our species by removing
themselves and their offspring the from the gene pool.  Darwinism
thrives!

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder