Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 10:22:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Migrating BSDI 1.1 Passwords

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Mark Mayo wrote:

> Hi all, I have a BSDI 1.1 server with about 3000 users... I REALLY want to
> move it to FreeBSD (2.1.5), but I'm concerned about the password files.
>
> I know FreeBSD ships with MD5, and I'm in Canada so that means I can
> safely use DES crypt routines - but does that mean I can use password
> files that are DES encrypted?? (i.e. BSDI 1.1)

Well, correct me if I`m wrong but don`t you just have to copy libdescrypt*
to libcrypt* and then freebsd uses des as the standard encryption method?

As for exporting cryptography I think the whole thing is very silly - If I
want des I`ll download it from the states (To the UK) :P~~~

Regards,

Trefor S.