Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:47:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@MLINK.NET>
To:        Chris Malayter <mustang@TeraHertz.Net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Binding Virtual IP's

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Chris Malayter wrote:

:
: What is the syntax to bind virtual IP's to my primary eth interface?
:
: Chris Malayter

Well, the way I do it is in rc.conf with this:

ifconfig_<interface>_alias<numnber>="inet <virtualiphere> 0xffffffff"

ed0 is my primary interface.. but you can do it by hand, by typing:

"ifconfig <interface> inet <virtualip> netmask 0xffffffff alias"

So for instance, I have in my rc.conf, the following:
ifconfig_ed0_alias0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xx netmask 0xffffffff"

: Mustang@TeraHertz.Net

[...]

Hope that helps,

Matt