Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 1998 08:54:46 -0700
From:      Tarun Tuli <tulit@shaw.wave.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   suEXEC

Hi everyone.  I have a quick question about suEXEC.

I have Apache 1.3b5 installed on one of my servers (running FreeBSD
2.2.5) and I just can't seem to get the suEXEC wrapper to work properly
for virtual hosts.

It works fine for user directories (ie http://www.rzsoft.com/~username),
but when they try and access it via their domain (http://username.com/),
the browser gets a 404 error.

The error_log shows that the cgi script ended premeturely.

The cgi.log generated by the suexec gets this :

[1998-07-06 08:43:12]: uid: (freecgi/freecgi) gid: (freecgi/freecgi)
online.cgi
[1998-07-06 08:43:13]: command not in docroot
(/usr2/freecgi/public_html/cgi-bin/online.cgi)

And it goes on like that forever :-)  If I remove the "USER" and "GROUP"
parameters out of the virtual host block, it works fine again, but then
the cgi scripts run under the WWW user/group (which isnt what i want).

However, if I access the same file through
http://rzsoft.com/~freecgi/cgi-bin/online.cgi it works fine, and infact
executes under the freecgi user and freecgi group.

If anyone has any ideas, or could tell me what the "command not in
docroot" means, that would be great!  Thanks.

--
.   Tarun Tuli     .
.   CANTronics     .