Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 19:25:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Maintenance user <maint@spike.fa.gau.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 scsi controllers

Hi,
	I just got a new SCSI controller, an AHA3940UW with a new HDD. I
still need the old controller (an AHA 1542CF with it's  disk, because I
don't want to use the new staff without a week of testing. The problem is,
that the old disk used to be sd0, and reported as C: by the bios. As I put
in the new controller and disk, the old disk is still reported as C:
and the new as D:. But in the FreeBSD bootsequence PCI checking comes
first. This means, that the new disk becomes sd0, as devices conneced by
PCI are discovered first, and the old disk becomes sd1.
	I have compiled a new kernel, and changed config to:
config	kernel root on sd1	swap on sd1
And also changed /etc/fstab accordingly. But it still doesn't work.
Booting deads with something like: "Can't boot from sd0"
						    ^^^
That means, that it's still looks for sd0.
	Does anyone have the idea, how to get it to work? I mean, both of
them together, as I will need to copy the old disk's content's to the new
one... Thanx for your help, and sorry, if I asked something obvius... Bye,
	Peter Czanik (maint@spike.fa.gau.hu)