Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:50:45 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        chip <chip@wiegand.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: print error, (is this a KDE-printing problem?)

At 8:00 PM -0800 1/12/02, chip wrote:
>I am trying to print a small .txt file, first from kate, then from kwrite,
>and get the following on the printout:
>
>Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops
>
>Is this specific to the kde apps?
>Any suggestion? Printing from these apps has worked in the past.

Did it just stop working one day, or did it stop working after you had
upgraded your system, or upgraded some of your ports-collection.

If you are printing a plain text file, then either the translation to
text is wrong (which I assume is done in KDE), or something is wrong
in the processing of that file.  What are you using for printing?  Just
the standard bsd-system lpr?  Or are you using CUPS?  Or maybe lprNG?
Do you have apsfilter installed?  What kind of printer are you printing
this to?