Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 13:59:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>, ache@freefall.cdrom.com, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Sound

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Also, after just talking with David, I have to say that I support Garrett's
> suggestion - make 'em device names, stop screwing around! :-)
>
> It's easy.  Go into /sys/i386/conf/files.i386 and change all the stupid
> snd entries into the names Garrett suggested - gus, midi, ad1848, etc.

This will not be easy...  Since the VoxWare code it so ugly, it's very
very difficult to say what is part of what.  I would agree with this, but
you'll need to realize that we will probably be including more "bulk"
with each sound device than is absolutly needed.  So,  who is going to
have the time to sort that whole mess out anytime soon?

Sujal