Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:19:48 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   games/quakeserver broken because of unregistered user

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

I went looking for a Quake server to install, and found quakeserver, though=
=20
it's marked as ignore because of an "unregistered user". This seems like a=
=20
perfectly silly (and perfectly bento -- erm, pointyhat -- derived) reason t=
o=20
break a port when very little effort would fix it[1].  What would it take t=
o=20
register this user? Aside from tenebrae, which gives me signal {10,11} when=
 I=20
try to start a new game, this appears to be the only way to run single-user=
=20
Quake under FreeBSD, so I'd like to preserve it. =20

[1]: And it's marked for removal, to boot! Sigh.

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--