Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:46:06 -0400
From:      "Quezada, Alex" <Alex.Quezada@NielsenMedia.com>
To:        "'freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bug in sub hrefquote

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:15:51 +0300
From: VilleSkytt?<scop@FreeBSD.org>
To: "'freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org>

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 18:09, Quezada, Alex wrote:

>Hi, and sorry for the delay,

>> 	this routine is incorrectly translating spaces into +:
>> y/ /+/;
>>
>> 	This is wrong, and if you have directories in your path that include
>> spaces, the link you get is wrong.  I have replaced this with a
substitution
>> of '%20', which works as expected.

>That change should be ok (see also below), but could you provide an
>exact reproducer for this?  Ie. name of the directory, the resulting
>link, where in the CVSweb UI it occurs, and the browser + version.  I've
>spotted a few places where hrefquote() is clearly used in a wrong way
>(<a name="..." in dir listings), but I haven't noticed any problems with
>whitespace in paths for a long time.

It happens in the download links (from either the log view or the markup
view) for files under a directory with spaces in it.  In my case, the
directory and file are:
/dstdir/src/stored procs/CntcEventsDailyCallsReport.sp

and the link ends up as:
<a
href="/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/dstdir/src/stored+procs/CntcEventsDaily
CallsReport.sp?rev=1.11;content-type=text/plain"
class="download-link">download</a>

I don't think the browser has any impact, unless there are some that will
change the '+' to '%20'.  I tried with IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.5 with the same
results.

>> 	There's probably other ways to do this (like urlencode), but this
>> seems simpler.

>I would like to get rid of hrefquote() altogether.  Will look into it
>soonish.

>> PS: I figured out my broken binary problem.  BEA Weblogic's cgi
interpreter
>> was the culprit.  I installed Apache, and all is peachy now.

>What OS do you use?  It is possible that we need to add a few binmode()
>calls here and there.

This problem was running Weblogic 7.0 on a SunOS 5.8 box.  It uses a servlet
to interpret cgi scripts.