Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:32:19 +0100 (BST)
From:      Kiril Mitev <kiril@ideaglobal.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum with MANY parts

Thanks, Greg :-) I managed to get it working at the end, by
splitting the 'big' disks into 2 halves & using a total of
6 subdisks :-)

My only peeve was that since I had to play from vinum CLI
quite a lot to get the size etc right, and I HAD to reboot
quite a few times to lose the old config ... like when I
clean (using RM) stuff, and I do a 'l' in vinum CLI,
it would list something like ======
Drives:         0 (8 configured)
Volumes:        0 (4 configured)
Plexes:         1 (8 configured)
Subdisks:       0 (16 configured)
=======
BUT no plex is actually listed :-) (your?) warnings
nonwithstanding, i had to do a resetconfig + reboot...

even now, i have 1 'ghost' subdisk somewhere ......care
to comment, please ?

uname => FreeBSD ... 3.1-RELEASE
vinum l =>
Configuration summary

Drives:         4 (8 configured)
Volumes:        1 (4 configured)
Plexes:         2 (8 configured)
Subdisks:       7 (16 configured)  <-- where is # 7 ??

D drive1                State: up       Device /dev/da1s1e
D drive2                State: up       Device /dev/da2s1e
D drive3                State: up       Device /dev/da3s1e
D drive4                State: up       Device /dev/da4s1e

V massive               State: up       Plexes:       1 Size:         25 GB

P massive.p0          S State: up       Subdisks:     6 Size:         25 GB

S massive.p0.s0         State: up       PO:        0  B Size:       4337 MB
S massive.p0.s1         State: up       PO:      512 kB Size:       4337 MB
S massive.p0.s2         State: up       PO:     1024 kB Size:       4337 MB
S massive.p0.s3         State: up       PO:     1536 kB Size:       4337 MB
S massive.p0.s4         State: up       PO:     2048 kB Size:       4337 MB
S massive.p0.s5         State: up       PO:     2560 kB Size:       4337 MB

Thanks in Advance,

Kiril