Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 16:09:23 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jerry@luke.home.usr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, wa6cvl@qsl.net
Subject:   Re: http://www.freebsd.org/mailto.html

jerry@luke.home.usr wrote:

> just installed the freebsdlite 4.4 and it's up and running.. I am an
> old retired electronics technician.. I have been using and putting together
> Linux Slackware, Redhat and others.. I have been successful in getting most
> of the apps onto the system.. However... fetchmail returns a code
> "/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:Shared object "libss1.so.1" not found"
> . The manual gives me some info regarding different versions, (I'm very
> confused). IT would seem that I just need to download or find libssl1.so.1..
> However, I cannot find such a file.. What am I doing wrong.. ?I am finding it
> hard to believe that this is even worth the effort...
> uname -a gives :
> FreeBSD jedi.home.usr 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 20 22:50:22 GM
> T 2000    root@monster.cdrom.com:usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386
> The pc is an hp vectra with 486-66 and 16mb of ram, 850 mg harddrive.

	If you are not already, please try building fetchmail using the ports
system. It should handle the dependencies for you.

	We have made several improvements in our system since 4.0 was released.
You might want to wait till November 15th when our 4.2-Release is
available, or take a look at
ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ and install the
latest 4.2-Beta snapshot. Either one should allow you to easily build
fetchmail using the ports, I use it myself.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    Life is an essay test. Long form. Spelling counts.