Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:57:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        rizzo@icir.org, current@freebsd.org, small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] what do we do with picobsd ?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> Given how intertwingled picobsd is to the underly OS, I think you are going
> to have a hard time getting to #3.  #2 is fine with me.

My feelings here are pretty much the same -- I'm skeptical about the continued
ability to maintain PicoBSD outside CVS in a long-term way, given tight
integration with the source tree.  People can and do maintain there own
versions of FreeBSD releases and wrappers (FreeSBIE is presumably the most
successful example), but it's a lot of work, and if there's trouble finding
enough hands for the current PicoBSD, it doesn't seem likely it will get more
hands somewhere else.

Robert N M Watson