Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:26:28 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Mark Johnston <markj@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bugbusters@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: closing fixed PRs

On 21 December 2012 16:07, Mark Johnston <markj@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are a few PRs (166994 and 169642 for example) where the reported
> issue has been independantly fixed and the submitter doesn't seem to be
> interested in a patch for their tree. What's the right way to handle
> them? I don't see any reason for them to stay open. I was thinking of
> setting them to feedback mode and waiting a week before closing them. Is
> this alright?

If you are sure the reported issue has been fixed please set them to
patched - if it has not yet been MFCed
closed - if it has been MFCed or never will be

in the message please mention the relevant commit numbers

please assign them to the committer who fixed it.

example:

change-pr -p -T markj -m "fixed in r12345 - will be MFCed shortly" docs/78965

--
Eitan Adler