Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:15:57 -0000
From:      "Simon Gray" <simong@desktop-guardian.com>
To:        "Vahric MUHTARYAN" <vahric@doruk.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About DNS (BIND) with Database

> How many domains are you handling with it ?! and How long do you
> use MyDNS ?!

Well i'm just using it on a box at home for 4 or 5 domains, however a friend
of mine at a local isp is currently running about 1100 domains without any
problems mydns itself isn't the bottleneck the database server is. There's
no reason why you couldn't run a few million domains from it.

> And Do you say I have to use two seperate DNS server for solving
> other domains instead MyDNS server handled domains ?! I mean I will add
> domains to MyDNS and My customers will use to resolve something
> different DNS Servers ?!

<snip>
MyDNS does not include recursive name service, nor a resolver library.
It is primarily designed for organizations with many zones and/or
resource records who desire the ability to perform real-time dynamic
updates on their DNS data via MySQL.
</snip>

Well you should keep your dns cache/resolver seperate from your dns servers
have a look at >> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/separation.html <<

Simon