Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 07:17:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        blh@nol.net (Brett L. Hawn)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, jas@flyingfox.COM, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ok, look folks

Brett L. Hawn wrote:

> I've run majordomo before, I hack sendmail here at the office, I think I
> know what I'm doing. However WHENN I subscribed, I did so as blh@nol.net,
> NOT blh@dazed.nol.net, so yes.. I got a little frustrated with the fact that

the logs disagree with you.

May 04 08:28:06 freefall.freebsd.org majordomo[10962] {"" <blh@dazed.nol.net>} s
ubscribe freebsd-questions "" <blh@dazed.nol.net>
May 04 08:28:12 freefall.freebsd.org majordomo[10962] {"" <blh@dazed.nol.net>} s
ubscribe freebsd-hackers "" <blh@dazed.nol.net>
May 04 08:28:17 freefall.freebsd.org majordomo[10962] {"" <blh@dazed.nol.net>} s
ubscribe freebsd-current "" <blh@dazed.nol.net>

before critisizing majordomo, you should check your own statements.

> majordomo in its infinit crappiness, changed my subscribe address and made
> it a nightmare to unsubscribe. I think you know very little about me, and
> even less about what you're talking about. I was pleasant and nice for
> almost 3 months before I got pissed off enough to yell at the list. I sent
> email to majordomo-owner, root, admin, postmaster, and about a dozen other

i may be mistaken, but i *NEVER* received mail from you asking to be removed.
or asking for help.

you send mail to majorodmo several times asking for help, for instance

Sep 02 12:10:38 freefall.freebsd.org majordomo[7590] {"Brett L. Hawn" <blh@nol.n
et>} help
Sep 02 12:20:19 freefall.freebsd.org majordomo[8050] {"Brett L. Hawn" <blh@nol.n
et>} help

but you either did not receive, hte help message, do not understand it,
or did not act on it.

> addresses asking to be removed, nicely, it got me nowhere. You will now
> however note, that I'm not on the list anymore, sometimes it just takes
> being an asshole to get things done *shrug*.

now please drop this thread. you have embarassed yourself enough in public.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/