Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:45:05 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ho hum

Ade Lovett wrote:

> Sorry folks, but looking at my workload, and the stuff that I'm really
> interested in, gnome@ is way down on my list of priorites.
>
> I probably shouldn't have come back, thought I could handle it, and events
> have overtaken me.  I'll be concentrating on portmgr@, big hacks to
> bsd.port.mk, uber patches across the tree, and the version-dependency stuff,
> which doesn't leave a lot of time for a UI that I don't really use apart
> from in a VNC session.
>
> My last wish is to see Marcus become a full ports/ committer.  With him and
> Max at the helm, I don't think there'll be any problems in maintaining
> FreeBSD/GNOME for the forseeable future.

:(

However, since you are going to work on improving our ports system
FreeBSD GNOME will benefit from your work indirectly.

BTW, could you please send me the latest version of your gzip->bzip2
conversion patch? I found that in most cases existing .gz distfiles
could be easily converted into .bz2 by just recompressing them
appropriately, so that I'm currently thinking about committing the
patch and providing bandwidth-disabed users with the script to convert
gzips into bzips.

Thanks!

-Maxim