Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:47:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld

What I'm working on is a make world froma 9 month old
current, up to *real* current (and the incidental aout to elf
conversion).

I've just found a stumbling block, and I think I know what I did to
get past it; I want to verify a fix.  It looks like a dependency is
being violated, in building the librpcsvc libraries.

Here's the dependcency:

librpcsvc library-->include/rpcsvc files -->usr.bin/rpcgen executeable

The rpcgen tool isn't being built and installed in the private obj tree
until after the include files have been installed, but since the rpcgen
tool generates the include files for the rpcsvc stuff, when the rpcsvc
stuff gets built, it breaks.  There's a uint64 problem, specifically.
It appears that the rpcgen stuff is supposed to be built in the
include-tools target, which ought to come before installing the
includes, which has to come before building librpcsvc.

Can someone who is more familiar with Makefile.inc1 look at this and
tell me if I'm totally incorrect?  Note I'm *not* talking about a
current build problem, this only affects those trying to upgrade from an
ancient current to a new one.  I don't have problems with current
builds.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).