Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:12:19 -0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Lucas_Nali_de_Magalh=C3=A3es?= <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fist impressions of 12.0R

Hi everyone,

I think I found a bug=E2=80=A6 it's on a desktop system I keep on the last v=
ersion and it's going from 11.2 to 12.0. The resume is:

# freebsd-update upgrade -r 12.0-RELEASE
(=E2=80=A6)
Does this look reasonable (y/n)? n
#=20

A re-start wasn't what I expected. The program let me edit a file and asked f=
or ok for 3 but when I said "no" it finished.

The first restart showed a little progress in kernel land. Thank you all for=
 that.

After the next freebsd-update-install, the pkg left one program back. This i=
s unusual but not unexpected: it happened in the past times, too. And the me=
ssages wasn't improved: there still no idea of what was the package left fro=
m the 600+ packages updated.

The upgrade of pkg could be easier, too. pkg gave me the command to use to u=
pdate itself. At that stage, I expected it to be able to do all the work, an=
d upgrade/reinstall everything under my request.

I think the report could continue a few more lines but it won't today.

Hope it helps,
Lc

--=20
rollingbits =E2=80=94 =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@gmail.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollin=