Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:05:56 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.3-R Serial Console - hangs restart, HP DL360 G4?

Hi All,

Anyone here using 5.3-R and a serial console? (aka "echo -h >/boot.config").

Doing this on an HP DL360 G4 works, until you come to do a restart, where
upon the whole machine locks solid just at the "Rebooting now..." bit
[after sync'ing, waiting for various things an ACAPI chatter on said
console].

Anyone else seen this problem? - I'll host/post dmesg output etc. - I've
just been 'away' from the lists a bit, couldn't find anything in the
archives so just wanted to see if anyone else had any similar problems with
serial consoles, and perhaps different hardware?

Cheers,

-Karl