Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:57:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        camel@avias.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  luoqi's aic driver problem

> cd0 at aic0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> cd0: <PINNACLE RCD-1000 2.35> Removable Worm SCSI-2 device
> cd0: 3.300MB/s transfers
> cd0: cd present [1 x 77747 byte records]
                   ^^^^^^^^^
These numbers don't look right...

> but, unfortunately, scsi probe precedure seems to be relatively
> unstable. _sometimes_ (often enough) the kernel doesn't boot with the
> following diagnostics:

I have fixed a few places that might have caused the timeout problem.
Could you download the new code and try again? Would you also add these
debug options to your config file?

options         CAMDEBUG
options         CAM_DEBUG_BUS=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_TARGET=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_LUN=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_FLAGS="CAM_DEBUG_INFO|CAM_DEBUG_TRACE|CAM_DEBUG_CDB"

> > > what is possible reason of such behaviour and what should i try to do to
> > > make my aic/cdrom combination working?
> > >
> > For now you could add a quirk entry for this drive to prevent multi-lun
> > probing,
>
> ok, but how? :)

Add this entry to the xpt_quirk_table in cam/cam_xpt.c,
        {
                { T_WORM, SIP_MEDIA_REMOVABLE, "PINNACLE", "RCD*", "*" },
                CAM_QUIRK_NOLUNS, /*mintags*/0, /*maxtags*/0
        },

> sincerely,
> ilya naumov (at work)

Thanks for trying the driver out, I really appreciate your patience. Since I
don't have the hardware myself, I have to rely on your help.

Thanks
-lq