Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 00:17:03 -0500
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on PPC (G4)

On 25/05/07, Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 08:08:25 -0500
> Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com> wrote:
>
> > forgive my foul language, but linux-ppc works like a charm.
>
> Thanks Jonathan :)
> well, it is what it is, nothing wrong in stating it :)
>
> have you tried NetBSD? I rather not stay too close to the penguin... again,
> this may be for the kids, so edubuntu may be worth a try.

While NetBSD and FreeBSD share an ancestry (and
still borrow from one another), at the admin level they
are quite different.  It's nearly as difficult a transition as
learning Debian or Gentoo* weirdness.

*Not really.  /usr/ports and /usr/pkgsrc are both fairly
like bolt-action rifles: simple and effective.  portage is
like SDI: it was really never going to work, but it scared
the crap out of NPR and the Soviets.