Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 14:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean-freebsd-stable@chittenden.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

:
:--I7gN1YuHeqxrxkIZ
:
:	I think your motherboard or CPU is dead.  I've seen this
:behavior before and my conclusion was a combination of heat and bad
:hardware.  <:~) -sc

    It seems unlikely.  The Dell 2400 is housed in a well ventilated
    room connected to the building's AC.  It never gets hot in there,
    and the problems seem related to heavy disk and network activity,
    and the FreeBSD OS rev, not heat.  Still, I suppose it's possible.

    I'm going to try updating the BIOS tonight but it's a long shot.

					-Matt