Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 23:43:09 +0200
From:      raf ponsaerts <raf.ponsaerts@unix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bcm4319 on amd64

--=-TUrmgKwhWxcBBJpQYTUk

hi all,

I have a new laptop which runs on FreeBSD6.1beta-amd64 (Turion64
ML-34). =20

The only problem I have is getting the wireless interface up.

none3@pci6:2:0: class=3D0x028000 card=3D0x1359103c chip=3D0x431914e4 rev=3D=
0x02
hdr=3D0x00   =20
vendor   =3D 'Broadcom Corporation'
class    =3D network

It seems to me I need a driver which supports bcm4319.
I read about the unwillingness of broadcom to support the development of
a native FreeBSD-driver.=20

I am aware of the "Evil project" and the "ndisgen" tool. So, I used WinXP d=
rivers=20
(bcmwl5.inf, bcmwl5.sys) to build a module, which loads without any comment=
.

However, ifconfig does not show the wireless interface ...

When I take a look at the ndiswrapper-list, I see that such cards work on l=
inux-amd64.=20

Does anyone know a way to get past this problem?
Does bcmwl5.inf needs some tweaking?

raf=20

--=-TUrmgKwhWxcBBJpQYTUk

--=-TUrmgKwhWxcBBJpQYTUk--