Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 23:49:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@area238.residence.gatech.edu>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable question

> I have a quick question about -stable.
>
> >From doing a cvs diff of RELENG_2_1_0 and RELENG_2_1_0_RELEASE it
> would appear that there have been no kernel changes since the release
> of 2.1R in the stable tree.  Just some changes to ps, sh, and expr.
>
> I ran the diffs by doing a
> 	cvs co -rRELENG_2_1_0
> then running
> 	cvs diff -rRELENG_2_1_0_RELEASE -r RELENG_2_1_0
> and I came up with about 60k of changes, none of the kernel.
>
> Is this the case?  Am I reading and running the diffs correctly?

	There have been some significant changes in the kernel, offhand I
can think of the eisaconf stuff, ipfw changes, various driver improvements.

% pwd
/usr/src/sys
% cvs diff -rRELENG_2_1_0_RELEASE -rRELENG_2_1_0 2>/dev/null |wc -l
   21854

	I'd guess there's something wrong with the way you did the diff, or
maybe the checkout.  One of the cvs gurus could better guess at that.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@area238.residence.gatech.edu