Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:51:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Briley <daniel.briley@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: bind-8.3.7

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Daniel Briley wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> A couple of questions about the bind ports.
>
> Firstly, I'd like to be able to do a fresh install of bind8 on a 5.2.1 box

Since you're new to FreeBSD, and apparently new to BIND, I'd suggest
that rather than pursue the course you're on that you upgrade to the
latest version of FreeBSD 5-stable, or the 5.3 RELEASE, or errata or
security branches if you're more comfortable. BIND 9.3.0 was imported
into the FreeBSD base system before the 5.3-RELEASE, and is the place
you should start with BIND, since it's where development is headed long
term.

Hope this helps,

Doug