Date:      10 Aug 97 20:49:19 +0100
From:      Brian.Tao@234-49-99.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Brian Tao)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.02b7 hangs

From: Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:

> Note: If netscape hangs on startup eating all CPU time, find
> user_pref("browser.startup.license_accepted", ...); line in your
> ~/.netscape/preferences.js and move it to the end of the file or
> remove it, if previous not helps.

    Ah, I didn't download the port, just the tar file from Netscape.
Moving the user_pref line to the end does not help, but removing it
does.  The preferences.js file is mode 444 now, with the side-effect
that the license agreement window comes up every time now, but at
least it runs.  Does simply moving the line to the end work for other
people?  *sigh*
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)