Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:34:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>, deischen@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setjmp help for JDK

Koster, K.J. writes:
 > Dear All,
 >
 > I've been pounding my head into the Sun JDK to FreeBSD/alpha. I learn a lot
 > about Java this way, but I digress.
 >
 > Is there someone who can help me with the green threads implementation of
 > that beast? What happens is that it jumps into the first thread's execution
 > code but instead jumps blindly off the signal 11 cliff.
 >
 > Would someone please help me with this part of the porting process? I'm
 > looking for someone who can help me debug this code. I've never debugged
 > setjmp() threads in C before and I need a place to start.

Can you produce a small, stand-alone program which demonstrates this
problem?  Eg. some variation on 'hello-world.c' that could be posted
to this list and doesn't require people to jump through all the
flaming hoops of downloading the jdk, etc?

I've CC'ed Daniel Eischen, perhaps he might be interested in helping
too.

Drew

PS: What version of FreeBSD are you using?  There were some major thread
problems corrected just prior to 4.2-RELEASE (like, a few hours prior).