Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:58:21 +0200
From:      Dmitry Alyabyev <dimitry@al.org.ua>
To:        "Jakob Alvermark" <jakob.alvermark@teligent.se>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: FC host adapters

hi there

Thursday, November 29, 2001, 3:54:13 PM, Jakob Alvermark wrote:

> Hi!

> We are using the QLA 2200 with FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE with a Compaq HSG60.
> It works.

does it work fine ?

I've seen some strange notes in 'man isp':

     The driver currently ignores some NVRAM settings.

     The driver currently doesn't do error recovery for timed out commands
     very gracefully.

     Target mode support isn't completely debugged yet. It works reasonably
     well for Fibre Channel, somewhat well for Qlogic 1040 cards, but doesn't
     yet work for the other cards (due to last minute unnanounced changes in
     firmware interfaces).

     Sometimes, when booting, the driver gets stuck waiting for the Fibre
     Channel f/w to tell it that the loop port database is ready, or waiting
     for a good loop to be seen (this does not yet support booting without
     being connected to a fibre channel device).

--
Dimitry