Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:02:31 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: State of FUSE on FreeBSD

--a4kkuerbt3m2ggdn

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:23:06PM +0200, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Aug 03 2017, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 01:38:28PM +0200, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>=20
> >> I am the upstream maintainer of libfuse. I'd like to refresh / improve
> >> the FreeBSD support in libfuse. My goal is for libfuse not to require
> >> any FreeBSD specific patches.
> >>=20
> [...]
> >> Personally, I don't use FreeBSD and I don't have an easy way to test on
> >> FreeBSD either. So I would appreciate any input.
> >
> > I can help you testing if you need, do not hesitate to bother me :)
>=20
> Thanks for the pull request! I've merged it and applied some extra
> fixups on top that seemed right to me. It would be great if you could
> give it a shot.
>=20
> Code is at https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse, master branch.

Note that the pull request was made testing with meson+ninja, I bet this is=
 the
direction you are taking, (deprecating autotools?) I got one issue left to =
build
out of box, something is generating a target which calls cp with GNU cp only
option, but I couldn't figure out what was doing it. Note that I can locally
patch it to use gcp (GNU cp from coreutils) if needed.

But knowing what is generating it would be better so I can maybe patch it to
have a compatible usage of cp ?

Best regards,
Bapt

--a4kkuerbt3m2ggdn