Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:49:16 +0930 (CST)
From:      Gregory Lewis <glewis@dartagnan.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ben177@yahoo.com (Ben Salem)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading from 2.2.5-RELEASE to 3.1-RELEASE

> I would like to upgrade from 2.2.5-RELEASE to 3.1-RELEASE.
>
> I have looked in the handbook at the
> The Cutting Edge: FreeBSD-current and FreeBSD-stable part, but it looks
> to me as the CVSup and CTM utilities are used for tracking CURRENT or
> STABLE versions, not just upgrading to one (RELEASE in my case) and
> leaving it like that.
>
> I would like to upgrade to 3.1-RELEASE, and that's it, is there any
> documentation that could help me out?

I'm pretty sure you can use CVSup to upgrade your sources to a specific
release although I haven't tried it.  Just set the tag appropriately in
your cvsup config file, I believe the appropriate tag for 3.1-RELEASE is
RELENG_3_1_0_RELEASE, but I'm not entirely sure.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 3237