Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/50457: /etc/defaults/rc.conf pccard_ifconfig could be more descriptive

The following reply was made to PR docs/50457; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, phoffman@proper.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:15:28 +0200

 --3U8TY7m7wOx7RL1F

 Hello

 The variables in etc/defaults/rc.conf are not meant to be documented
 there only have a brief description so a user can have some idea what
 the variable does.  The documentation of the variables are in the man
 page rc.conf(5) which says the following about pccard_ifconfig :

      pccard_ifconfig
                  (str) List of arguments to be passed to ifconfig(8) at boot
                  time or on insertion of the card (e.g. ``inet 192.168.1.1
                  netmask 255.255.255.0'' for a fixed address or ``DHCP'' fo=
 r a
                  DHCP client).

 I think is sufficient documentation and see no reason to change the
 description in defaults/rc.conf since it is descriptive of the variable.

 Therefor I think this PR should be closed.

 Thanks for the submission, I just don't think the proposed change is
 needed.

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --3U8TY7m7wOx7RL1F