Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 05:40:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <thelab@portfolios.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Man page strangeness

Hi!

I just upgraded my home system from 2.1.5 to 2.2 current (well, six days
ago current) via a make world and a total re-install of /etc, and now
everytime i try the 'man' command, i get the following error:

zcat: /usr/share/man/cat8/ipfw.8.gz: unexpected end of file.

/man8/ipfw.8.gz is there, complete, and unformatted, and the
/cat8/ipfw.8.gz is a zero length file.

I tried deleting the /cat8/ipfw.8.gz and trying again...
I checked, re-checked, and re-installed zcat (gzip)...
I made sure there was no weirdness in /etc/manpath.config...

Any ideas?

-Will