Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:15:44 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Long-shot: repeatable macOS samba share unmounting during Lightroom import

I have a very similar setup to you for serving files to my Mac from a
FreeBSD server. I haven't seen the unmount problem, but I di have a few
oddities until I added the 'fruit' module on the Samba side, which helps
with compatbiloty with the Mac. The appropriate bit of my config looks
like this:

    vfs objects = fruit streams_xattr zfsacl
    fruit:resource = xattr
    fruit:encoding = private

Don't ask me what they do anymore, I added them ages ago, but it does
work very nicely for me. You may already have this of course, but worth
pointing out just in case as it took me a few years to discover it!

As someone else has said though, this may well be a Catalina bug. I am
not running that (MacBook too old, and not buying another until the new
keyboards are avilable n the replacement I want).

-pete.