Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:26:08 +0500
From:      Vlad K Sm <vlad.k.sm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/rc.d/syscons question

Hi,

I've found that if in /etc/rc.conf specify:
keybell="off"

then it affects only tty0 (default console). I checked implementation of
/etc/rc.d/syscons snd yes, such flags are set for /dev/ttyv0 only and if
you need some flags for all screens, need to use "allscreens_kbdflags".

syscons:
# keybell
#
case ${keybell} in
[Nn][Oo] | '')
;;
*)
echo -n ' keybell'; kbdcontrol < ${kbddev} -b ${keybell}
;;
esac

# set this keyboard mode for all virtual terminals
#
if [ -n "${allscreens_kbdflags}" ]; then
sc_init
echo -n ' allscreens_kbd'
for ttyv in /dev/ttyv*; do
kbdcontrol ${allscreens_kbdflags} < ${ttyv} > ${ttyv} 2>&1
done

My question: is it by design that flags in rc.local are set for ttyv0
only or this is an issue which is waiting for improvement?

Thanks,
Vladimir Kuzmin