Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:27:37 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Subject:   breaking modules

Hi stable@
on 12.3-STABLE Wed Apr 27 18:08:15 CEST 2022 just after a make world
I see these fail: /sys/modules/ random_fortuna random_other

I'm not interested ion the specifics here, I don't use them, &
probably those that know will fix them, ... but probably meantime
some other module(s) will break, such has been the way for years
with breaking modules.

The only current way round breaking modules is to use
	.if defined(MODULES_OVERRIDE) && !defined(ALL_MODULES)
	SUBDIR=${MODULES_OVERRIDE}
	.else

but that's crude. It's nice to be able to build most modules ready
in case wanted later, so how about a DUDS env. mechanism like ports/ ?

Cheers,
--
Julian Stacey  http://berklix.com/jhs/ http://StolenVotes.UK
Kill / remove Putin: He kills innocents & causes global grain & fuel shortage.