Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:02:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in (Rahul Siddharthan)
Cc:        crh@outpost.co.nz (Craig Harding), adam@whizkidtech.net (G. Adam Stanislav), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh no. The Guns Debate (was Re: On "intelligent people" and

> It's the same thing here. Empirically, there's only one country
> that's really famous for frequent school shootings and stuff like
> that, and that's the country with the most liberal gun-control
> laws.

Perhaps this is because America provides most of the sensational
television.

The rest of the world has a significantly higher rate of
terrorism; I'm sure many terrorist countries are only too happy
when their victim neighbors disarm their populace.

Similarly, the U.S. has not really had mass violence incidents
resulting in large scale death, which seem to be common in the
rest of the world.  The only real exceptions to this are the
Civil War, the Revolutionary war, and government actions like
those in Waco.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---