Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:01:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@dworkin.amber.org>, "Gentry A. Bieker" <gbieker@crown.NET>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is there no info on the QPOPPER hack?

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Brett Glass wrote:

> Reliance on mailing lists such as Bugtraq does not do any more or less
> to "replace the administrator's brain." Fact is, when a trusted authority
> says that there's a hole to be closed, I want action. I'm perfectly content
> to review what happened after the fact.
>
> --Brett Glass

Have you not gotten the message by now?  The Qpopper problem is old news,
and Jordan released patches to the popper port the same day.  Pretty fast
action I'd say, and I dunno, something tells me he's trustworthy, but I
can't quite put my finger on it.

Like everyone said, it was impossible to NOT know about it.  Where were
you?

Jeremy Shaffner					JORSM Internet
Senior Technical Support 		  Northwest Indiana's Premium
jer@jorsm.com				   Internet Service Provider
support@jorsm.com			     http://www.jorsm.com