Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:19:02 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Patryk Zadarnowski <pat@jantar.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 08:00:02PM +1100, Patryk Zadarnowski wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:23:48 -0800 (PST), Hahaha <hahaha@sexyfun.net> wrote:
>
> > Today, Snowhite was turning 18. The 7 Dwarfs always where very educated and
> > polite with Snowhite. When they go out work at mornign, they promissed a
> > *huge* surprise. Snowhite was anxious. Suddlently, the door open, and the
> > Seven Dwarfs enter...
>
> That must be the most amusing Windows virus I've ever seen (it is a virus,
> isn't it?).  Four spelling mistakes and five grammar problems in four lines of
> text, probably sent to millions of people.

Well, virus or not.  Executable attachments?
Naah, who runs them is worth their fate.

> A few months ago someone suggested that all binary attachments should be
> stripped from freebsd-hackers mail. I believe it is still a very good idea,
> and patches tend to be posted as text anyway.

This can get tricky and filter out some legitimate mail, even if one tries
to filter only 'dangerous' binary attachments.  I do agree that some sort
of filtering is necessary though.  Unless, somebody thinks that this is
"censorship", and a new flame about humans rights spawns out of nowhere.

- giorgos