Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 09:35:26 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SMP

Both boards use the i840 chipset which is natively designed to support RDRAM
but will use SDRAM (from what I understand) with a "Memory Repeater Hub" --
with a performance loss of about 10%. The i820 chipset has already been
crushed by "Memory Repeater Hub" problems -- so I was really very worried
about using SDRAM with any i840 chipset board...

I appreciate all your guys input. Thanks!

- Mitch

"The only real failure is quitting."