Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 1995 22:47:12 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Gary Roberts <gary@wcs.uq.oz.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SNAP or current?

>Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
>
>> > is anyone likely to roll a new SNAP?  Just curious ...
>> belive me, I'm trying ....
>
>Great!!  I've got someone who is running a lab with about 20 Linux boxes
>who is keen to give FreeBSD a spin.  A nice stable SNAP would be perfect.

   Umm, I wouldn't count on the next SNAP being too stable. I have a dozen
serious bugs (panics or system hangs) on the whiteboard, and I don't expect
to have more than one or two of them fixed before the next SNAP. I wish I
could be more positive, but I've been working on finding some of these bugs
for several weeks. They take the form of random corruption of kernel memory
with nearly random data...and aren't reproducible.

-DG