Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 14:50:42 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Undefined symbol "_login_getclass"

At 02:07 PM 5/13/97 -0400, Gary Schrock wrote:
>Ok, this probably results from me not paying quite enough attention to the
>notes that have flowed by, but after doing a make world on my machine
>(which was originally a 2.2-gamma, I honestly can't tell you exactly when I
>had last make world on it, but I *think* it was about the 2.2-RELEASE time
>period), I get the following lovely message when trying to log in:
>
>(null): warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.1: minor version 1 older than
>expected 2, using it anyway
>
>FreeBSD (eyelab.msu.edu) (ttyp0)
>
>(null): warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.1: minor version 1 older than
>expected 2, using it anyway
>(null): Undefined symbol "_login_getclass" called from login:login at 0x6234
>
>Any ideas or suggestions on the best way to fix this problem?  Pointers to
>documentation about it maybe?  Meanwhile, it does seem that the machine is
>running fine other than that, since my mail is still going through it
>nicely :).

Do a search through the archives... I came across this on Sunday after a
Make world overnight and a couple of people responded to my question on
this maillist... To fix the problem go into single user mode, and copy
cp /usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc/.

It should fix that problem.... Looks like you can do some pretty funky
things with the login.class stuff...

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *